Whizz Pop Bang job vacancies
Join our friendly team of passionate science communicators, creatives and
customer service specialists - simply scroll down to view
our current vacancies.
If you're looking for work as a freelance illustrator or writer, unfortunately we very rarely have opportunities in these areas. However, if you've got some super-duper talents that you'd like to tell us about, or if you're able to help us to spread the word about Whizz Pop Bang amongst your community, please feel free to email us.
Job vacancy: Graphic Designer for award-winning children’s science magazine
IntroductionHere at Launchpad Publishing, we create the fun-packed magazine Whizz Pop Bang. It’s a monthly publication that makes science engaging and accessible for thousands of 6 to 11-year-olds all over the UK and beyond. Each magazine is bursting with experiments, puzzles, science news, facts and features that enable children to have fun with science at home.
The business is growing rapidly and we are excited to be looking for an in-house graphic designer to become part of our close-knit team. This role would be ideally suited to someone with past design experience in magazines and/or children’s design.
This is a sought-after position for a talented and capable individual who would relish the opportunity to bring top-quality design to Whizz Pop Bang. The position offers the opportunity to work from our friendly Cirencester office, whilst also potentially having the flexibility to work from home on occasions (depending on home computing equipment). Working hours can fit around school times if necessary, and will be around 18 hours per week.
Role responsibilities• Designing Whizz Pop Bang’s 36 pages each month
• Working with the rest of the team to help develop ideas on the look and feel of the magazines
• Commissioning illustrations
• Sourcing and editing images
• Working with the editorial team on the amendments until each spread is perfect
• Designing marketing materials, web pages and social media adverts as required
• Potentially getting involved in video production, depending on skill set
Person specification• We’re looking for someone who can create visually stunning, stimulating spreads that entice children to get stuck straight into devouring each issue of Whizz Pop Bang.
• An excellent knowledge of InDesign and prior print design experience is required, preferably in the children’s magazine sector.
• We require someone with an excellent attention to detail and the patience for making several revisions. As an educational publisher, it is vital that we maintain an extremely high standard throughout the magazine.
• There is exciting potential for this role to expand and evolve to include more responsibilities as Launchpad Publishing continues to grow.
RemunerationRemuneration is dependent on experience – please submit your salary expectations along with your CV.
LocationThe job will be based at our new Cirencester office. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions if you have your own equipment at home.
Our companyLaunched in 2015, and already going from strength to strength, we publish a top-quality children’s magazine, making science fun and engaging for 6-11-year-old kids. We’re a new, dynamic company growing quickly yet organically. Our core goal is to help more families enjoy and interact with science at home and in particular to ensure that girls are included just as much as boys. We are focussed on providing all of our customers with an excellent experience from start to finish – both in our products and in our customer service. We’re looking for someone who can help us to accomplish that and to join us on our journey at this very exciting stage of our business.
Next stepsIf you think that you would be a good fit for this role we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, salary expectations, covering letter and links to any online portfolios (we can’t accept emails over 1Mb in size to this email address) to us here with ‘Graphic Designer vacancy’ as the subject of your email. Or if you require any additional information, please feel free to get in touch.